Global Healthcare Provider Takes Home Health Care to the Next Level with Virtual Apps
Everyday Saint Elizabeth Healthcare nurses and home health professionals deliver a staggering 20,000 home visits across Canada.
With more than 9,000 staff members working in a variety of settings, including patients’ homes, Saint Elizabeth’s widespread, mobile workforce relied on a traditional Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution to access applications and data. Everyday, home health nurses and other healthcare professionals make a staggering 20,000 home visits. During a period of significant organizational growth, their VDI solution became increasingly unreliable, marked by outages and slow performance. Frequently frozen screens and the need to reboot devices is annoying at best, but in a patient care setting it is unacceptable. As productivity suffered for health care and IT staff, the IT team began looking for a better way. After reading about Workspot, they requested a live demo, and subsequently had a pilot running within a few days.
• Workspot App Cloud for secure access to applications and data
• Phased rollout starting with 500 nurses & clinicians; expanded to 2400+
• IT resources are no longer needed to troubleshoot, upgrade and patch
• Reliable, secure, easy access to mobile apps for home health professionals
• The implementation scales easily to accommodate growth
“Workspot makes everything easier."
“Long gone are the days of clicking on an app and waiting 30 seconds for it to launch. It’s my obligation to provide our end users with the best possible performance.”
Jason Cooke, Director of IT