What is Wrong with VDI Today?
Legacy VDI solutions are complex and expensive. In order to deploy VDI for their end users, IT teams undertake a months-long (and sometimes years-long!) project that includes:
- Hiring consultants to design the deployment architecture
- Conducting a proof of concept to determine the solutions of choice
- Purchasing software, servers, and storage necessary to run the virtual desktops
- Hiring consultants to implement the solution
- Running user pilots and refining the deployment
And finally, once the VDI deployment is in production, IT is saddled with the ongoing challenges and growing operational expense of running a mission-critical service for the business, while having to continuously apply patches, perform upgrades, and troubleshoot hardware and software failures.