After grappling with replicating and maintaining massive amounts of project data across more than 17 locations, Southland’s IT team realized their current approach was fast becoming unsustainable, and they had reached a crossroads: Either invest more in data center infrastructure or completely change their approach. While this was the most urgent problem to be solved, significant business challenges, including the rising cost of pursuing new opportunities where they did not already have an office location, as well as the complexity of joint venture operations, also demanded action. Southland’s Israel Sumano led the way to the solution: Workspot on Microsoft Azure.
• Conduct intensive engineer acceptance testing of Workspot cloud workstations
• Rollout Workspot cloud workstations to designers and BIM managers
• Replace physical GPU workstations with GPU cloud workstations
• Introduce cloud workstations into joint venture projects for simplicity & scalability
• Replicate cloud workstations in alternate Azure regions for disaster recovery
We're here to help! Access these valuable resources to help guide your journey to cloud desktops.
What’s a Cloud PC and Why Do Enterprises Need Them?
That buzz in the air? That’s everyone talking about cloud PCs, a.k.a cloud desktops. There’s also GPU cloud workstations for... Read more
Workspot Watch is Your Cloud Desktop Reliability Sentry
It’s pretty likely that if you’re an IT person with responsibility for End User Computing (EUC), a VDI implementation and/or... Read more