Healthcare Provider Chooses Workspot VDI
How do you instantly deliver apps and data to PCs in exam rooms across 29 locations using service account sign-ins?
A decade after installing its legacy VDI infrastructure, Houston Eye Associates (HEA) was stuck on an old version of Microsoft Windows server. This meant drivers and hardware couldn’t be replaced. The resulting IT slow-down dramatically impacted doctor productivity and patient satisfaction.
• Build a new data center, including a RDS farm with 6 servers to run Windows apps
• Rollout an adapted Workspot client that performed a kiosk function to follow established HEA workflows
• Deliver virtual Windows apps to exam rooms using a service account associated with the room
• System performance increased dramatically
• Connection problems with printers and external USB devices were eliminated
• New device set-up is now fast, easy and secure
• IT team members can reallocate their time to high-value projects
“Workspot eliminated all our peripheral connection problems. It was a miracle."
“The speed of our systems increased dramatically, saving us 30-60 minutes per day. That’s the difference between seeing patients on time and being 1 hour behind.”
Tom Merkle – Director of IT