Together, Nutanix and Workspot dramatically simplify the way VDI and app publishing is deployed and managed. Workspot created VDI 2.0 as a cloud-native, multi-tenant VDI service that eliminates the complexity of legacy VDI solutions. When combined with Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI), organizations of all sizes benefit from instant and unlimited scalability, reduced complexity, and lower TCO compared to legacy VDI solutions. IT teams can deploy Workspot VDI 2.0 on Nutanix clusters in as little as an hour, and the business can realize unprecedented time-to-value. Additionally, as organizations turn to the public cloud to augment datacenter infrastructure, IT Teams can choose to run VDI workloads on Nutanix HCI on-premises, as well as on Microsoft Azure for ultimate flexibility. With Workspot, it’s all managed through a single pane of glass.
– Workspot Control provisions desktops and applications, sets security policies, manages user profiles and access, and collects analytics. It replaces the operational front end of load balancing, brokering, databases, web portal, and provisioning services found in traditional VDI.
– Workspot Enterprise Connector is a Windows virtual machine. It runs on the Nutanix cluster and provisions virtual desktops on the cluster. All security policies, desktop assignments, and monitoring is done via Workspot Control.
– The Workspot solution leverages all your existing investments in security, apps, and data. The lifecycle of the virtual desktops can be managed using your existing PC Lifecycle Management tools.
– To ensure security, the control and data planes are separated, and no data traverses through the control plane. VDI sessions connect using RDP directly from the end point to the VM hosted on Nutanix nodes, and are secured by the SSL-VPN.
– End points (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android) are automatically updated with new features and policies from Workspot Control. New features are introduced regularly, and Workspot Control and end points are automatically updated without user or IT intervention.