Workspot Next-Generation VDI and Published Apps Available on the Azure Marketplace
CUPERTINO, Calif., June 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Workspot, the leader in next-generation virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), today announced that its industry-first, cloud-native VDI solution is available to customers through the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. Workspot is the only VDI vendor on the market deploying Windows 10 virtual desktops, Windows apps and GPU workstations on Azure, with flat-rate, predictable monthly fees.
Workspot is a next-generation VDI solution that customers subscribe to as a service to deploy desktops and apps in a day, at dramatically lower cost than legacy VDI solutions. Provided on Microsoft Azure as a comprehensive service, Workspot has eliminated the complexity associated with VDI implementation, allowing it to quickly spin up virtual desktops and apps for customers and deliver them from as many Azure regions as needed. Organizations that wish to deliver workloads from on-premises data center infrastructure also enjoy the simplicity and reduced costs of Workspot’s solution, and they can move workloads to Azure at any time. The industry’s first and only all-cloud virtual desktop and app solution provides a single management console across multiple on-premises data centers and Azure locations.
Workspot delivers many unique benefits to Azure users, including:
- Dramatically simplified VDI management through a turnkey, cloud-native service, unlike traditional VDI vendors who offer lengthy reference architecture documents but little support.
- Insanely simple Windows 10 migration enabled on Azure that rapidly provisions all the apps and desktops on behalf of the customer.
- Slashed capital and operating expenses and consolidated, predictable monthly bills.
- Instant and infinite scalability and blazing fast connection speeds.
- Time to productivity in days, not months, with a unique, no-risk engagement model that doesn’t bill customers until they are up, running and happy.
Workspot already is helping customers with Windows E3, E5 or Windows VDA Per User licenses get more out of their Windows 10 licenses while also ensuring great user experiences.
Customer implementations include:
- An engineering firm with 1,600 users is accessing CAD/CAM applications using NVIDIA GPUs on Windows 10 virtual desktops across Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure and three Azure regions.
- An education organization with 30,000 students is delivering Windows 10 virtual desktops and apps to labs and kiosks from the Azure East region.
- A finance company with 300 users (and growing) is accessing financial apps on Windows 10 on HPE converged infrastructure, with all new users being added to two Azure regions.
- A healthcare provider expanded its ability to deliver healthcare applications to 100 doctors in regional clinics by publishing these apps from the Azure South-Central region.
Mark Bowker, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group, said: “Organizations need simplified VDI deployment solutions that drive workplace efficiency and favorable economics. These solutions must meet operational demands and the unique challenges many businesses face. At the same time, they must empower enterprises and IT departments to manage workloads on-premises as well as through hybrid cloud data center architectures. With the continued growth of VDI and the shift to hybrid solutions, end-users are beginning to demand both secure desktop and application delivery in a timely and cost-efficient manner.”
Jimmy Chang, vice president of products and alliances, Workspot, said: “Putting a complex solution on the cloud doesn’t make it simple. While other vendors take that approach, Workspot is actually delivering on the promise of simplicity, reduced costs and blazing fast connection times that streamline IT organizations and keep people happy and productive. Now we take all of that to the next level of simplicity with a comprehensive, turnkey service for deploying Windows 10 desktops and apps on Azure. Customers also enjoy flat-rate, predictable monthly fees. No one else can do this.”
- Workspot on the Azure Marketplace: https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/workspot.deploy-vdi-in-azure?tab=Overview
- Schedule a demo at workspot.com
- Read the Workspot blog: http://blog.workspot.com/workspots-cloud-native-vdi-is-now-available-on-the-azure-marketplace
Workspot has reinvented Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) with its cloud-native VDI 2.0 and Desktop-as-a-Service 2.0 (DaaS 2.0) solutions. Workspot solves the corporate challenge of securely delivering apps, desktops and data to any device and helps organizations achieve unprecedented time-to-value for VDI implementations. With a focus on customer satisfaction, Workspot offers the shortest implementation times in the industry. The Cupertino, Calif.-based company received the Best of VMworld 2016 Gold Award for Desktop and Application Delivery solutions. For more information on Workspot’s risk-free, turnkey solutions, visit: www.workspot.com.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.