Law Firm Selects Workspot VDI on Scale Computing HCI
How do you keep corporate resources accessible and client files secure when lawyers are working away from the office?
Since 2009 the IT team at Chaitons relied on hosted shared desktops to provide staff members with access to corporate resources and client files. However, as their legacy remote desktop solution aged, performance became a growing problem. Plus, increasing usage of BYOD introduced security concerns.
- Consolidate the data center–from five points of contact and 53U in rack space–into three 1U hyper converged units using Scale Computing
- Install apps on desktops; then provide users with remote access to their individual desktops with Workspot
- Support BYOD by instructing users to download the Workspot Client on their PC, Mac, iOS and Android devices
- As an Amazon Web Services customer, they can easily burst into the cloud or deploy across both on-prem and AWS
- Increased system performance
- New device set-up is fast and easy
- Secure BYOD access to corporate data and resources
- Reduced IT – and end user – complexity
- Reallocate IT time to strategic, high-value projects
“The cost-savings alone make Workspot a no-brainer”
“My IT team doesn’t need to manage users’ various devices to maintain a high level of security… If the device is lost, all we have to do is remotely wipe the Workspot client. There’s no residue left behind.”
Dom Chung – Director of IT