Enterprise IT organizations have often struggled with the cost and complexity of PC hardware management. The problem is magnified for distributed organizations, where unpatched hardware poses major security risks and the logistics of break-fix consumes disproportionate IT resources. Buying, imaging, shipping, patching, securing, refreshing, and repairing physical Windows machines has been a necessary and often immense cost of doing business. Physical PCs are not only difficult to manage, but also hinder an organization’s ability to rapidly respond to changing business environments.
For decades, enterprise IT teams have been looking for a better way to manage and secure corporate-owned PCs. They struggle with:
- Providing secure access to enterprise resources to contractors and temporary employees
- The costs, management, and sustainability headaches of PC hardware refresh cycles
- Break-fix of PCs in remote offices, resulting in end-user downtime
- Security and compliance concerns when PCs are lost or stolen
- Keeping operating systems and applications patched across the globe
- Enabling secure access from non-Windows devices like Macs, Chromebooks, iOS, and Android
Traditional VDI and do-it-yourself virtual desktops in the cloud are complex alternatives to physical PCs that also require significant IT resources to deploy, manage and troubleshoot. However, modern DaaS architectures are solving these problems; the trick is to select the right approach for your organization.
The maturation of public cloud IaaS offerings like Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud have created a rich opportunity for organizations to rethink their PC strategy. CIOs are increasingly adopting cloud-first mandates, as they determine that cloud services give their organization better agility to respond to evolving business needs.
The Workspot Enterprise Desktop Cloud Platform is the only global software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution that makes it easy for IT to quickly provision and manage cloud desktops around the globe from a single pane of glass. Combined with a low-cost endpoint, Workspot makes it possible for organizations to be highly productive and ready for various macro and micro economic scenarios. Capabilities include:
- Easy Logistics: Quickly deploy and manage any number of secure cloud desktops in any region of the globe
- No Hardware Refresh Cycles: Eliminate hardware refresh cycles and the cumbersome logistics of PC break-fix
- Works on Any Device: Can be configured to securely work on any access device, including Windows, Macs, Chromebooks, iOS, and Android
- Conditional Access: Centrally manage all global users and provide conditional access to various user types; for example, employees, contractors, temporary employees, and interns
- Global Visibility: End-to-end visibility into end-user access across the globe through our innovative Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Automated Cost Center Billing: Workspot can be configured to directly bill the end-user’s cost center, alleviating IT from spending precious time allocating costs
By moving desktops to the cloud, IT teams can dramatically simplify the PC lifecycle and achieve significant benefits, including:
- Eliminate endless PC refresh cycles and costs related to shipping hardware back and forth
- Reduce the overall cost of maintaining and supporting physical hardware
- Enable Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and save on end-point costs
- Rapidly onboard and off-board new employees and contractors
- Pursue new business opportunities anywhere
- Flexibility expand and contract desktop resources and business conditions change
Security & Compliance
- Keep corporate data off endpoints and safely in the cloud
- Easily monitor end-user activity globally to strengthen zero-trust security policies
- Maintain data compliance with local regulations
- Eliminate logistics and related costs of shipping hardware back and forth
- Reduce cost of maintaining and supporting physical hardware
- Enable end-user device independence and save on endpoint costs
We’re here to help! Access these valuable resources to help guide your journey to cloud desktops.