Hybrid and Remote Work Models Introduce New Challenges
Hybrid and remote work models are now mainstream and more employees are working remotely than ever before. Plus, most enterprises engage with external contractors and developers too. To conduct their work, enterprises must provide these people with access to corporate networks, from wherever they may be working. Two major challenges have emerged: The points of possible intrusion for malware and ransomware attacks has increased exponentially, and application performance problems for users who are far from the corporate datacenter slow productivity.
CIOs have tried various methodologies to support remote work – each with its own challenges. Traditional VDI deployments demand a trade off – security benefits are significant, but end users often suffer through poor performance. Remote access through a VPN brings both security risks and poor performance, while using laptops on SD-WANs and shipping hardware back and forth can’t keep pace with enterprise requirements. Collectively, the host of problems these approaches introduce – including high costs and complex management – are no longer acceptable and result in:
- Lower productivity
- Compromised agility
- Higher end-user computing costs
- Unhappy end users
Modern VDI Simplifies Hybrid and Remote Work
The Workspot Enterprise VDI Platform, a cloud-native, enterprise-scale virtual desktop solution ensures that CIOs no longer have to accept the trade-off between robust security and exceptional performance. Our unique architecture provides a highly secure virtual desktop solution that is battle-tested across multiple global enterprises.
- Blazing Fast Performance: We leverage the ubiquity of Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and AWS to provision highly secure virtual desktops, apps and GPU workstations with minimal latency, to ensure high performance for all your applications.
- Exceptional User Experience: All data is co-located with compute within the cloud to ensure fast file read/write times and fluid workflow. There is no data corruption or loss, even if your connection to the virtual desktop or workstation breaks.
- Zero-trust Security: Workspot virtual desktops and workstations are not susceptible to theft, loss, malware, or user error. There is no data at any edge device or appliance, and our highly secure architecture ensures data encryption both in motion and at rest.
- Automated Provisioning: IT can leverage existing ITSM workflows on platforms such as ServiceNow or BMC Remedy, or can build their own scripted solutions to orchestrate the provisioning and lifecycle of virtual desktops and resources. Workspot APIs can be used to automate functionality for quickly adding/deleting users.
- Global Visibility: IT has end-to-end visibility into user access across the globe through Workspot Watch™ and our innovative Network Operations Center (NOC).
The Benefits of Modern VDI for Hybrid and Remote Work
Enterprises can now provide secure, highly-performant access to remote employees as well as easily leverage remote contractors to scale their workforce and match business needs. The benefits of the Workspot Enterprise VDI Platform include:
- Support your hybrid and multi-cloud strategy
- Address all your use cases with a single solution
- Rapidly onboard and off-board employees and contractors
- Pursue new business anywhere in the world
- Add virtual desktops and workstations globally in minutes
Security & Compliance
- Eliminate endpoint management complexity
- Provide visibility to IT across global end-user activity
- Maintain data compliance with local regulations
- High productivity leading to faster project delivery
- Hire the best people no matter where they are located
- Anytime-creativity generates innovation
- Minimize logistics and related costs of shipping hardware back and forth
- Reduce cost of maintaining and supporting physical hardware
- Support BYOD and save on endpoint costs
We’re here to help! Access these valuable resources to help guide your journey to modern end-user computing.