For Retail Firms, Agility and Resilience are Key
Retail organizations are operating in a challenging environment where every advantage is needed to maximize margins and secure corporate data.
The uniquely dynamic nature of retail means these enterprises have always faced difficult challenges, but the disruptive forces brought on by the pandemic are unprecedented. Widely distributed organizations, business-critical data, the need for complex, hybrid customer experiences and workforce variability are all placing demands on IT teams that add to an already overwhelming workload.
To free IT teams to focus on more pressing matters, what’s needed is an end user computing solution that not only functions reliably with little intervention but also secures customer data and provides the flexibility to respond rapidly to changing conditions.
Gain a Competitive Advantage with Cloud PCs
Physical desktops present a variety of problems for retail organizations, not the least of which is spending significant time and money struggling to stay on top of upgrades and patches that can seriously compromise the security of apps and data if not applied consistently.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) saddles IT with complex systems that require ongoing micro-management and troubleshooting, as operational costs skyrocket.
The answer is Workspot Cloud PCs. Retail enterprises have broad requirements for end user computing, from point-of-sale, to back office and call center employees and contractors. Each type of organization role has different computing needs, and those needs should be met with precision to optimize costs. To achieve the ultimate end user computing simplicity, IT efficiency, robust security and business continuity, a 100% cloud-native SaaS solution – the Workspot Enterprise Desktop Cloud platform – is the answer. Achieving a competitive advantage entails providing exceptional customer service across online and in-store experiences.
Benefits of Cloud Desktops for Retail Firms
The Workspot Enterprise Desktop Cloud enables IT teams to dramatically simplify the overhead associated with end user computing, while bringing new levels of agility across the organization, helping retailers provide outstanding services to customers and achieve a competitive advantage. Workspot Cloud PCs for retail deliver significant benefits, including:
- Greater cost efficiency and the opportunity to allocate IT resources more strategically.
- Provision exactly the right resource for every employee and contractor, whether a cloud desktop for the back office, GPU cloud workstations for developers, or hosted-shared desktops or access to just a few apps for call centers.
- Add Cloud PCs anywhere in the world, in minutes.
- Reduction of time-consuming hardware refresh cycles and elimination of complicated VDI management.
- Stronger security through centralizing data in the cloud. Ability to securely support BYOD.
- Prepare to defend against business disruption with innovative, modern solutions:
- Activate standby Cloud PCs with one click when people can’t reach the office
- Fail-over to Cloud PCs in an alternate cloud region if there’s a regional cloud outage
We’re here to help! Access these valuable resources to help guide your journey to the cloud.