Virtual Desktops for BC/DR
It’s time to strengthen business continuity. Enterprise employers increasingly face a challenging tradeoff: keeping their employees safe, while supporting the needs of the business and shareholders. IT organizations must have a plan for how their business will weather global pandemics, civil unrest, and natural disasters.
The Workspot Enterprise VDI Platform delivers virtual desktops and apps from your data center, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and AWS – or any combination – to address all your use cases. The solution offers a range of backup, disaster recovery and high-availability capabilities for desktop workloads.
When business disruption occurs, the safety of employees and their families is of utmost concern. Often the best policy is for staff to stay at home, especially during a natural disaster, a healthcare crisis or a pandemic. Workspot offers comprehensive virtual desktop business continuity solutions to help enterprises weather a business disruption, whether it’s a natural disaster or a cloud outage. With Workspot, meeting your Recovery Time Objective (RTO) is easier than ever and employees can be productive from the safest location, on any device.
One-click activation of DR virtual desktop pools, along with backup and recovery solutions you can count on, plus the industry’s first multi-region replication solution for virtual desktops, provides a comprehensive formula for keeping employees safe and the business strong.
One-Click Activation for PC DR
One-click disaster recovery provides an innovative and simplified disaster recovery (DR) solution for physical PCs that gets your business back to productivity quickly. Now you can have Windows 10/11 virtual desktops on standby in the cloud, ready and up-to-date with all your corporate applications.
Business disruptions are inevitable, whether it’s a natural disaster or a health emergency, such as a pandemic. It’s usually safer for employees to stay away from the office, which means many employees can’t access their physical desktops.
With Workspot, you can have pools of standby, virtual desktops ready that can be activated on-demand with a single click, and within hours you’re back in business. End-users simply connect to their virtual desktops from anywhere using any device, including home PCs, Macs, and tablets, ensuring their safety but also allowing business continuity.
Virtual Desktop Backup and Recovery
Workspot offers support for backup and recovery of virtual desktops within the same cloud region to enable IT organizations to strengthen business continuity and address a wide range of possible scenarios that could result in end-user downtime or impact compliance with legal policies. These scenarios can include:
- User Error: User error leading to corruption or deletion of cloud desktop(s) for multiple users leading to loss in productivity
- Software Testing and QA: Software developers compile a code that corrupts the cloud desktop and the user is required to re-configure all libraries and settings
- Malware/Ransomware Remediation: Viruses continue to be rampant, and even cloud desktops are vulnerable. With Workspot backup and restore, IT can quickly roll a user’s desktop back to a previously healthy state.
- Employee Data Retention: Many companies have policies to keep employee computers and data for a prescribed period of time after an employee leaves the company. Workspot’s backup and recovery solution ensures this policy can be met.
- Digital forensics and E-Discovery: Employee workstations can often contain critical evidence for legal disputes. If a user in a highly regulated industry accidentally or deliberately deletes data from their desktop, IT can recover all such data for compliance / legal reasons
- Patch Tuesday: A new software update or patch corrupts/interferes with the functioning of certain applications on the desktop and needs to be removed
With Workspot Virtual Desktop Backup and Recovery in place, one or more copies of each user’s persistent virtual desktop are made within the same cloud region. If a problem arises, the IT administrator can quickly restore the desktop(s) to the last best-known state.
Multi-Region Resilience for Virtual Desktops
Many enterprise customers have hesitated to put their mission-critical workloads in the cloud, concerned over perceived lack of control compared to on-premises infrastructure. End-user computing is one of the most mission-critical workloads for any organization.
With Workspot Multi-Region Resilience for Virtual Desktops, a copy of each users’ persistent desktop is stored in their primary public cloud region, but also replicated to a secondary region to support the scenario where their primary region is unavailable. With a few clicks, IT administrators can activate the virtual desktops in the secondary region. Users can use their Workspot Client on any device, combined with their security credentials to log in to their remote region virtual desktop, enabling them to stay productive until the primary region is restored.
We’re here to help! Access these valuable resources to help guide your journey to modern virtual desktops.