A decade after installing its legacy VDI infrastructure, Houston Eye Associates (HEA) was stuck on an old version of Microsoft Windows server. This meant drivers and hardware couldn’t be replaced. The resulting IT slow-down dramatically impacted doctor productivity and patient satisfaction. Then they discovered Workspot Desktop Cloud for Healthcare.
• Build a new data center, including a RDS farm with 6 servers to run Windows apps
• Rollout Workspot to perform a kiosk function that follows established HEA workflows
• Deliver virtual Windows apps to exam rooms using a service account associated with the room
• System performance increased dramatically
• Connection problems with printers and external USB devices were eliminated
• New device set-up is now fast, easy and secure
• IT team members can reallocate their time to high-value projects
We're here to help! Access these valuable resources to help guide your journey to cloud desktops.
What’s a Cloud PC and Why Do Enterprises Need Them?
That buzz in the air? That’s everyone talking about cloud PCs, a.k.a cloud desktops. There’s also GPU cloud workstations for... Read more
Workspot Watch is Your Cloud Desktop Reliability Sentry
It’s pretty likely that if you’re an IT person with responsibility for End User Computing (EUC), a VDI implementation and/or... Read more