Is a DIY or SaaS Cloud PC Solution Better?
As you consider cloud PC solutions, the first choice you need to make is should you choose SaaS or Do-it-Yourself (DIY) cloud PCs? What is the best cloud PC solution? Answer these three questions about your organization to help you determine which way to go:
- What is the most cost-effective cloud PC solution? When you implement cloud PCs via the Workspot SaaS platform, TCO savings can be substantial over other approaches. When considering a DIY appraoch such as on-premises VDI or a cloud-based broker as a service approach, you need to determine if you have the resources in place, both people and budget, cover all the infrastructure management costs of your cloud PCs.
- What is the most reliable cloud PC solution? Workspot leads the industry in cloud PC reliability; we meet or exceed 99.95% cloud PC uptime. Do other vendors you’re considering meet this standard? Do they take ownership of your cloud PC SLA? If not, you need to determine if you have the resources to troubleshoot problems across cloud, networking, drivers, and many other components that are distributed globally.
- What is the most performant cloud PC solution? End users love the performance of their “Workspots”. The key is to minimize latency by placing cloud PCs in the cloud region closest to each end user, so it’s critical to determine of the solution you’re considering supports this. You need to be able to deliver amazing performance to all your users so they are productive anywhere.
If you have the right resources to handle all of this cost effectively, a do-it yourself (DIY) cloud PC solution could be a good fit for your organization. Alternatively, Workspot does all this heavy-lifting for you and takes responsibility for your cloud PC SLA. Our SaaS cloud PC platform dramatically simplifies IT while meeting the unique requirements of your organization.
Next Step: What are the top criteria for evaluating DaaS solutions? We’ve developed a guide to help you ask vendors tough questions so you can be confident all your requirements can be met. Check out the guide now!
What’s the Best Cloud PC Solution for Seamless Enterprise Integration?
IT leaders want flexibility. After all, you’ve already carefully selected identity management, multi-factor authentication, and security solutions, and your IT team already has processes built around your PC management tools. Why change now?
With Workspot you don’t have to. We honor the technology choices you’ve already made by integrating existing solutions into your cloud PC implementation, whether deployed on Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or both. We go even further to offer innovative services and capabilities you may not have known are even possible, such as multi-region failover to strengthen your business continuity posture. Additionally, our big data platform collects data across cloud regions in real-time and conducts analysis to help ensure your users always have the best experience, while also keeping a close eye on the security of your cloud PCs.
Workspot designed our SaaS cloud PC platform for simplicity, yet we meet the most demanding enterprise requirements.
Workspot Cloud PC Success vs. Traditional Support
In the cloud era, the traditional customer-vendor relationship just won’t cut it. Cloud computing brings a pace of change that is outside IT control; the tools end users need to conduct business are constantly changing, whether it’s the operating system, SaaS applications, identity provider, security stack and more. Will your cloud PC vendor support you after you go live? Will the cloud PC vendor be responsive to problems your users are facing?
Unlike other vendors, at Workspot, every day is “go-live” day, because your end user computing stack changes every day. That’s why our Customer Success and Customer Support teams are always working side by side with you, making sure every day is a successful cloud PC day.
At Workspot, we partner with you for long term success, period. The Workspot Enterprise Desktop Cloud™ platform was invented out of a desire to simplify end user computing and reduce costs for our customers. To do that, we completely reinvented virtual desktop technology, and we upended the customer success model too. Here’s our formula for your success:
- Our Customer Success Team owns fast time-to-value for your cloud PC deployment – we have that mastered. Unlike othr vendors who take your order and leave you on your own, Workspot customer success champions are with you for the life of your implementation.
- Our Customer Support Team is monitoring your production service globally in real-time, every day, using The Workspot Watch™ big data engine. If they spot problems, they will alert you and pro-actively identify the root cause of the problem, e.g., problems with the cloud provider, identity provider, your DNS settings, group policy change, etc. Only Workspot has 24×7 monitoring capabilities across clouds to provide a comprehensive view of cloud PC health.
- We maintain strong relationships with Microsoft and Google so we can help facilitate resolution if a cloud problem arises.
- Our 360o innovation starts with continuous learning – from our customers and from each other. Every Workspot customer is in close proximity to our development team. Have a new requirement? Other vendors can take months or years to develop and release it. At Workspot, your Customer Success Account Manager is ready to advocate for new features you need as your business evolves, and we release new capabilities every few weeks.
This is what a modern partnership with customers looks like; it’s all about your success.
We’re here to help! Access these valuable resources to help guide your journey to cloud desktops.